The hard work is done, now it’s time to show off your accomplishment with a video preview of how your app works!
- Connect your phone to your computer and run your app on your device.
- Search for and open QuickTime Player.
- In QuickTime Player, click on File -> New Movie Recording.
Note: If the window opens and says that QuickTime Player doesn’t have access to the camera, here’s where to give access:
Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and click on camera and check the box to allow access for the camera. Then do the same for the microphone.
4. To the right of the record button, click on your device name for camera and microphone.
5. Press record on the QT Player and interact with your app on your device. When finished, press stop on the QT Player.
6. When you close the window of the recording, you will be prompted to save the recording.
If you want to take it a step further and get fancy, import your video into iMovie to add titles, transitions, music or a voiceover.
Here are some useful links to help you take your app preview to the next level:
Creating App Previews with iMovie